Sunday, May 6, 2012

Monday Musings: Reviews and Interviews

Reviews:

Every so often an author will request me to write a review for their book. Although, I understand the importance of reviews for authors, especially new authors, I will most often politely decline the request. There are a few reasons for this, just so authors don't take it personally.

  1. I am an incredibly slow reader. I am an analytical reader, so it takes me a long time to finish a book. I'll blog about this some other time.
  2. As I have said before, I am not the most astute person when it comes to grammar and punctuation. (That's why I use an editor for most everything.)
  3. I am in the middle of a major three book series which is taking most of my free time right now. I don't see this changing anytime soon.
The good news is: There are many professional reviewers, book bloggers, and author support networks out there who would be happy to help in this regard. I have never personally requested a review, so I don't want to make any specific recommendations.

Author Interview:

On May 14th, best selling author, Debra Shiveley Welch, winner of The FaithWriters Gold Seal of Approval Award (twice), Books and Authors Literary Excellence, Best Non-Fiction Book of 2007 and Allbooks Review's Editor's Choice 2010, will be talking about her new book , Cedar Woman, on the Butterfly Phoenix blog.

Debra has four previously published novels: A Very Special Childa heartwarming tale of love and thankfulness on the adoption of her son, Christopher; Son of My Soul – The adoption ofChristopher, Christopher Bullfrog Catcher; and Jesus Ghandi Oma Mae Adams (with author, Linda Lee Greene).



___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have a great week everyone, and I will be back for a special Mother's Day posting on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment